All Saints Church, Ringsfield, "the little thatched church in the valley" has existed since before the Domesday survey. Early records were destroyed by either fire or flood, the latter being most likely as the building is known to have flooded both in 1912 and 1993. The church took its existing form when it was extended by Sir William Butterfield in 1883. Evidence of the old and new can be seen in the timbers inside the church, the roof trusses and pew ends. In 1949 All Saints became national news when a robin made its nest in the lecturn and daily bulletins were broadcast after the Six o'clock News on the "Home Service". A full account was subsequently published in the London Illustrated News and the East Anglian Magazine, and is remebered by several robin motifs in the church. The churchyard contains two particularly striking memorials. To the north, a splendid angel commemorates Princess Caroline Murat, great neice of Napoleon, whose second marriage was to a local squire. On the south side of the chancel is a brick memorial containing one of the very few brasses to be found outside a church. Although difficult to read, it commemorates Nicholas Garneys a High Sheriff of Suffolk who died in 1599.
The church is generally open during daylight hours.
8.00am Holy Communion and Family Service at 10.00am
10.00am Family Holy Communion
10.00am Morning Prayer (BCP)
10.00am Holy Communion
Please see News and Events page